I left my home city a long time ago: more than 8 years ago. I cannot say that I really miss it, but when I show its streets to friends using Google Earth or Maps, I notice some things which look funny, especially now.
1) This very phrase gave me an idea about this post:
2) “Sexy” on a rubbish bin booth.
3) It goes with a claim to be beautiful.
5 & 6) Rap VS Rock
9) Malibu is 8400 km away…
10) A sign in Yiddish.
“Kabedon” is a Japanese word, 壁ドン.
壁 is “wall”, what a complicated character for such a simple word!
And it means…
1. The act of punching a wall. E.g. Punching a wall to indicate to a neighbor that they are noisy.
When you listen to some loud music at night, your neighbors knock on the wall as if telling you: LOUDER! MAKE IT LOUDER!
2. When a man puts his hand against a near wall (romantically or hostilely), creating a barrier with his arm and preventing a woman from moving.
I remember, I did it to a lady. It was such a move that we even remembered about it and discussed it years later. Have you ever done a kabedon to anyone? Ladies, has anyone done it you? How did you feel about it?
What is kabedon from a psychological point of view?
Externally it means: “I am a man, I am strong, I feel like at home and this wall is mine, I am a master here. And you, woman, belong to me.” Internally it means: “I’ve made a brave step (praise the guy for it!), I came to talk to you, but I am not confident, that is why I need a support, the wall will be fine. So, let me pretend that I am stronger than I look”.
I hardly remember my last blog post. Was it 2011 or 2012? I am sure it was just a few lines like “all good, no changes and I keep struggling”.
So, what have we got now? Err… All good, I am a Christian now! So, that is A LOT OF CHANGES… and I even still keep struggling.
So, welcome to my cozy blog!